Re: [VIC] Hillside Hitachi

Daniel Bowen <dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au> wrote in message
FrQD5.9624$aD2.36171@news-server.bigpond.net.au">news:FrQD5.9624$aD2.36171@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> "Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in
> message 39DFBF68.758CA24F@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:39DFBF68.758CA24F@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...

>>> Once I was on a Stony Point service during summer, the
>>> aircondition wasn't working well, I saw people just push the
>>> door open to get more air. 2 school kids sit by the door lean
>>> out and quickly closed the door when connie came around.

>> The MTH cars as used on the Stony Point pass do NOT have
>> closing doors, they just have the old harris doors which can
>> be opened and closed at any time.

> Except the Harris trains in their original incarnation had a
> bar between the double doors, so the gap wasn't so gaping wide.

> Are they still used on other country services? I remember going
> from Melbourne to Ballan in a train like that a couple of years
> ago. Any history of people falling out of them?

The H sets do have power doors, controlled by the Conductor.  If
you look beside the door towards the roof you will see a
keyswitch, this is the control.

It's only the MTH's (originally refurbished to be DRC trailers)
that have manual sliding doors.

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - 82329734
Phone - long, long, short, long.