Re: [VIC] Hillside Hitachi

> I was traveling on the second car of a hitachi train heading to flinders st
> from glenferrie and something really strange happened, the carriage I was on
> died between burnly and est richmond, all the lights went out and that tone
> that means the doors r open sounded.  As I was siting in one of the seats
> near a door, I opened it.  It was the first time in a long time I have been
> on a suburban train in Melbourne with doors open whilst it is in motion.
> Unfortunately just after we had run through est richmond the lights came
> back on and the doors closed.  I was wondering if anyone knew why this could
> have happened, it did not seem to affect any of the other carriages and the
> train was still accelerating.  Just on a side note have the hitachi's always
> had auto-closing doors or was it added later?

Sounds like a loss of power. (Doors will release, with a beep when the
power is lost)

Hitachi always had power closing doors, and I think even the last Harris
(the 70 foot ones) had power closing doors.

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news