[VIC] Hillside Hitachi

I All

I was traveling on the second car of a hitachi train heading to flinders st
from glenferrie and something really strange happened, the carriage I was on
died between burnly and est richmond, all the lights went out and that tone
that means the doors r open sounded.  As I was siting in one of the seats
near a door, I opened it.  It was the first time in a long time I have been
on a suburban train in Melbourne with doors open whilst it is in motion.
Unfortunately just after we had run through est richmond the lights came
back on and the doors closed.  I was wondering if anyone knew why this could
have happened, it did not seem to affect any of the other carriages and the
train was still accelerating.  Just on a side note have the hitachi's always
had auto-closing doors or was it added later?

Regards

Andrew

--
Andrew Box