Re: [VIC] Hillside Hitachi

In article <39DD7C1F.67060F4C@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au>,
  remove VICSIG <> wrote:
> > I was traveling on the second car of a hitachi train heading to
flinders st
> > from glenferrie and something really strange happened, the carriage
I was on
> > died between burnly and est richmond, all the lights went out and
that tone
> > that means the doors r open sounded.  As I was siting in one of the
seats
> > near a door, I opened it.  It was the first time in a long time I
have been
> > on a suburban train in Melbourne with doors open whilst it is in
>motion.

Once I was on a Stony Point service during summer, the aircondition
wasn't working well, I saw people just push the door open to get more
air. 2 school kids sit by the door lean out and quickly closed the door
when connie came around.

> > Unfortunately just after we had run through est richmond the lights
came
> > back on and the doors closed.  I was wondering if anyone knew why
this could
> > have happened, it did not seem to affect any of the other carriages
and the
> > train was still accelerating.  Just on a side note have the
hitachi's always
> > had auto-closing doors or was it added later?
>
> Sounds like a loss of power. (Doors will release, with a beep when the
> power is lost)
I saw it happened once when I took a Hurstbridge bound a thunder
striked really close to our train and same thing happened to our train.

> Hitachi always had power closing doors, and I think even the last
Harris

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin