Re: Air France throws in the towel

Tezza (tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au) wrote:

> "David Bromage"
> > Tezza (tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au) wrote:
> > > "David Bromage"
> >
> > > So about $79. Thanks.
> >
> > Depending on the day/time of travel, it can be cheaper to buy a return.

> I couldn't see many people paying over $100 for a Newcastle return.

Cheapest return air fare between Sydney and Newcastle is $176 to
Williamtown with Eastern Airlines (Qantas), or $129 to Belmont with
Aeropelican (Ansett). Plenty do it.

$100 return would be cheaper if you could do it by train in 45 min, and a
vast improvement in comfort compared with a Dash-8 or Twin Otter.

Cheers
David