Re: [VIC] Hillside Hitachi

"Chris Gordon" <cmgord@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au> wrote in message
39DFBF68.758CA24F@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au">news:39DFBF68.758CA24F@VICSIG.alphalink.com.au...
> > Once I was on a Stony Point service during summer, the aircondition
> > wasn't working well, I saw people just push the door open to get more
> > air. 2 school kids sit by the door lean out and quickly closed the door
> > when connie came around.
>
> The MTH cars as used on the Stony Point pass do NOT have closing doors,
> they just have the old harris doors which can be opened and closed at
> any time.

Except the Harris trains in their original incarnation had a bar between the
double doors, so the gap wasn't so gaping wide.

Are they still used on other country services? I remember going from
Melbourne to Ballan in a train like that a couple of years ago. Any history
of people falling out of them?

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia