Re: [Vic] Fast train services to go ahead, says Govt

> The way passenger numbers are increasing, and all the packed VLP
trains,
> they will have to keep runninh the H sets long after the new DMUs come
> along.

I don't think those new DMUs would be able to solve the congestion
problem completely. Yesterday I was gunzeling around Broady and noticed
all the VLP service head north were full. Seymore/Craigieburn corridor
is one of the lower popular service. If this is a least popular service
then South Geelong/Sunbury service would need seats on the roof!

Tooradin area also may need a VLP service since new housing develop
around that area. If Mildura/Leogatha and Ararat services return then
that really don't leave VLP with much rolling stocks left.

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/