Re: Siege Mentality? (was Re: RTM 19th Century Treasures)

Chris wrote...

> If revenue from membership was only $10,245 and there is no regular income
> source due to the place being shut up,  They must be getting a huge amount
> from donations.

Donations and interest free loans is our principle source of income.

> I don't know how much their paid employee is getting,

I can give you the exact figure... $0.00. We do not have any paid employees.

> but they would have to be at least raising $100 grand to pay the bills,
buy rolling stock, new
> earthworks on the museum site, and general maintainence. etc.

For 1999/2000 the income was $93,343. We bought very little during the year.
There were several purchases in 1998/1999 from an income of $227,932. The
earthworks have been done with the museum's bulldozer, dump truck and front
end loader, so the cost is the fuel & maintenance. We now have a scraper on
site, which has helped speed things up. The big drawback here is the
condition the local council placed on the development application which
prohibits earthworks on weekends. We have to wait for a qualified driver to
be available on weekdays.

Trevor