Re: Shunted trains at Royal Park

> > I understand before the City Loop when there was through running of
> > trains, many of the trains from the Ringwood line went to the Upfield
> > line, and Royal Park.  Some were kept on the Fitzroy line during the day
>
> When was this?

1976

> The practice was confined to a couple of trains that ran out empty,
> shunted out and returned. My recollections have have trains shunting and
> returning but never stabling out there because it was a running line.
> My recollections cover 1975 to 1987 when I was a suburban train driver.

>From the info I have, one of the trains that spend the day there, formed
the 4:43pm up from Royal Park which became the 5:04pm Lilydale train
from Flinders Street (one I said about in the other posting).

Yes there was a running line, but there was another line too (I will
have to dig out a signalling diagram for 1976 of Royal Park)

--

C.

WEB   : www railpage org au / vicsig
EMAIL : cmgord at alphalink dot com dot au
ICQ   : three two nine eight nine four five zero

Go join VRN : www egroups com / subscribe / vicrail-news