Re: [Melb] Old railway line

In article <QcNU5.9423$GW5.57030@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Sam Eades" <seades@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> > > Someone told me there's some double track railway line near the
Royal
> > > Melbourne Zoological Gardens. They asked me what it used to be
part of.
> > The old Inner Circle line. The abandoned track ran from Royal Park
> > Rushall. >
> There is now no track left lying of the old inner circle (apart from
a few
> level crossings). The Double track around the back of the Zoo and
through
> Royal Park is part of the still operating Upfield line.

My recollection of the Inner Circle abandoned track still in situ in
level crossings on Bowen Crescent and other streets in North Carlton
and Fitzroy was that it was single track, not double track, but I
haven't lived in Melbourne for 6 years now, so I could be wrong.

Does anyone have any photos on their websites of trains operating on
this line, particularly in the closing days of its operation?

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.