Shunted trains at Royal Park

> I understand before the City Loop when there was through running of
> trains, many of the trains from the Ringwood line went to the Upfield
> line, and Royal Park.  Some were kept on the Fitzroy line during the day

When was this?

The practice was confined to a couple of trains that ran out empty,
shunted out and returned. My recollections have have trains shunting and
returning but never stabling out there because it was a running line.
My recollections cover 1975 to 1987 when I was a suburban train driver.

--
Peter J. Vincent

Website ............ http://www.netspace.net.au/~pjv101/index.htm