Re: Burke announces NT rail construction date

Alcoota is a cattle station out from the Alice, but I
dont think they were referring to that.
Perhaps they meant Kalgoorlie, how would our present
day politicians and media be expected to know that.?

Yes the sod turning at Alice Springs is a farce.

BTW.  Up here we have an exhibition at the, wait for it
_ROAD TRANSPORT HALL OF FAME_ called the "hand made"
railway, which purports to be a "history" of the old
narrow gauge line to Alice Springs.  It is populated
with people who have absolutely no idea of what they
are talking about.  Example, one photo in the local
press showed the Katherine River bridge with a North
Australia Railway mixed train on it just after opening
and the caption said, the Ghan on its way to Alice
Springs.  ......Enough said.!!

....Tell