Re: Siege Mentality? (was Re: RTM 19th Century Treasures)

About that tank.....

Like many, I think Dorrigo collects far too much. But, in museology terms,
the tank actually makes a lot of sense. If you have a tank transorter wagon
(undoubtedly an interesting item) then exhibiting a tank on it makes for a
far more interesting and informative exhibit. It also places the rail item
in a wider context, something railway museums will have to do much more in
future to attract visitors.

As to whether current policies at Dorrigo will enable an attractive museum
to be created, well, that's another issue and one I'd rather not buy into.