Re: Siege Mentality? (was Re: RTM 19th Century Treasures)

Rod Gayford wrote...

> This trust has been mooted for years and still has not eventuated.

It could not be done while the court case was in progress. Simple legal
stuff. An asset cannot have its ownership transferred while it is in
dispute. If I sued you claiming that I owned your house, and you then sold
your house you would be in contempt of court.

> I would like to see all interested parties get together and approach the
NSW
> government in getting this mob chucked out as they have not paid their $1
> for their section of the rail line yet. The crap about the bridge is just
> bull shit. What do others think.

There are no other interested parties left apart from DSRM. State Rail and
Coffs harbour City Council have to agree on the new bridge. Coffs want to
realign the road, and need to resume land to allow this to proceed. State
Rail have suggested that the parcel of land affected could be held out of
the initial sale and transferred later. We are waiting for them to prepare
the modified contract.

It does not matter what you think, Rod. The points I have made are fact, not
opinion. BTW, the last time the NSW Government atempted what you are
suggesting, there was just a big legal bill, the line sold for $1 and
numerous other concessions.

Trevor