Re: [Melb] Tram workers mean business in their hip new uniforms

Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Yes, good points. But keep in mind, the 3 minute service proposed is *only*
> for Collins Street. In off-peak now they probably reach that frequency, and
> it wouldn't be far off on weekends. Evenings would be a bit more of a
> stretch.
>
> National Express may not be going great guns, but I think they have a point
> about not introducing new colour schemes and name before they've upgraded
> the service. I also find their Swanston and Bayside web sites to be a
> refreshing example of substance over style, quite the opposite to the Connex
> and Yarra sites.
>
> Daniel
> --
> Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
> dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au
> http://www.custard.net.au/bowen/daniel/
>
> "David Lindstrom" <D_Lindstrom@Bigpond.com> wrote in message
> 246T5.142510$e5.76479@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:246T5.142510$e5.76479@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> > I must admit I find the whole Yarra Trams set up a lot more proactive,
> > active and interesting that the National Express modus operandi. Yarra
> Trams
> > seem to really get into things with enthusiasm. They had the least trouble
> > with the brakes on the W-class. They've taken to redecorating the trains a
> > trams and staff in new tasteful colours. And when have you ever heard of
> an
> > Australian company offering a three minute service so there's no need for
> > timetables. I think we could learn a  lot from these good people.
> > Well, that's my two bob's worth.
> > David Lindstrom

Well the new coluur scheme and name M>TRAM has been decided, as well as
new uniforms. Employees were given presentations of the "new" look at
the different tram depots a couple of weeks ago. The referbishment of
the Z3s only cost about $5000 each, so its a bit of paint and new seats.
I was told that the complete uniform for each employee is worth $3000.

By the way I have heard that only 12 W class trams are coming back into
service to run a tourist route, the rest, well say good bye to them