Re: RTM 19th Century Treasures

By moving the collection off SRA land to your 55 acres is it a realisation
by DSR&M management that it may be evicted should the sale of the line may
not eventuate?
Having a static museum is probably a good idea, as the opposition down the
line seem to be running out of money trying to rebuild the line.
What amazes me is that nobody from either of the groups had the forsight to
realise the true cost of rebuilding the line.
It is one thing gathering a large amount of rolling stock for free or at
scrap metal prices but maintaining it in good order it is very expensive.
Added to that you have the additional cost of the line.
I think the DSR&M should have stayed to the Newcastle region where there is
a larger population base, where they could have had a museum and run the
occasional train on SRA lines.

Chris

3a162434$0$10197$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a162434$0$10197$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...