Re: RTM 19th Century Treasures

Ahem.. why not re-read what RTM stands for
Rail
Transport
MUSEUM

If they only acquired units they could use on tours, they may as well scrap
anything they have that isn't in service to clear some room at Thirlmere for
active units.  Acquiring units that could still see service and keeping them
locked up preserves our railway heritage for future generations who may want
to one day see what a trip on the XPT was like when their grandparents were
alive, while certain other operators will simply run units that are just out
of service into the ground and then scrap them.

MrPC
ICQ 58337073

3a095be6$0$19405$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a095be6$0$19405$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...