Re: [NSW] Olympic Sprint (was Why keep Clyde?)

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a0c0706$0$19430$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a0c0706$0$19430$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs" <cvdowns@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> 3NPO5.22816$SF5.458154@ozemail.com.au">news:3NPO5.22816$SF5.458154@ozemail.com.au...
> > I think that outside significant passenger generating events/busy times
the
> > Olympic Sprint could be an "on demand" service.
> >
> > Just one two car set.  If a passenger arrives at OP or Lidcombe and
there is
> > no train you have a call button/intercom (with a video link to deter
> > hoaxers) to call the train.  If the train is there away you go with no
wait.
> > Run it as DOO or have a person at each end that double as driver/guard
> > minimise turnaround time at Lidcombe.
>
> 1 minute is too long?

For a DOO train not at all.

If not DOO though it seems absurd to me that the crew swap ends every time
the two car train arrives at Lidcombe.  If they swap roles (rather than
ends) and someone is waiting at OP then why would you wait a minute?

Strikes me as fitting in the work smarter not harder category.

Chris