Re: Syd Airport Link

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a0c07c9$0$19422$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a0c07c9$0$19422$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs"
> > I've also noticed an upswing (trying hard to be objective) in passengers
> > generally bound for the airport by rail and loadings continue to
improve,
> > again from what I observe.  46,000(?) journeys per weekday within 2
years
> > may not be too far off the mark.
>

> I think you're being as optimistic as the owners who are currently
claiming
> 10,000 per day. 1,000 per day would be a very generous estimate at the
moment.
> Domestic Terminal is currently the busiest station, with a mix of
travellers
> and workers.

Unless someone's playing silly buggers with stats I thought it was 10,000
per day some months ago with a 2% growth rate.  Without doing the compound
calc that approximates to a doubling in patronage each year if the 2%/week
increase is maintained or 40,000+ within two years.

This is no ESR with a captive ridership transferring from busses on opening
day, ridership is developing as knowledge spreads.  How long can the 2%/week
increase be maintained is a more important question.

A similar experience with patronage can probably be expected when the 4 new
(as oposed to extende or rebuilt) PRL stations open.

Chris