Re: Lithgow - Mt Vic

"sean" <sean@hello.springwood.rail> wrote in message
3a0c080c$0$19404$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a0c080c$0$19404$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> I heard ages ago of someone whom works in the railways around Lithgow that
> the overhead may be taken down in the near future between Mt Vic and
> Lithgow, and the CityRail trains be replaced by the Endever Railcars
between
> Mt Vic and Batherest, is that true? i know that theres plans to take the
> overhead down on the coallary or something.

This rumour? has been floating for a while..
Maybe they could run a Mt Vic to Mudgee Service as well..
Unfortuantely, the service was removed during the 5 ring circus, and that
could be used as a reason to withdraw electric services from Lithgow. And
with the decline of Lithgow Loco and the decreasing use of 86 class, there
would be no use for the overhead and down it will come from Bowenfels to Mt
Vic.

It also releases V sets (2 I think) for use elsewhere (Bombo?)