Re: [NSW] Drama @ the Airport Line...

"Dan" <fordghia@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
dsgY4.3702$N4.127704@ozemail.com.au">news:dsgY4.3702$N4.127704@ozemail.com.au...

> Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> pt6Y4.816$ZD6.590009@news0.optus.net.au">news:pt6Y4.816$ZD6.590009@news0.optus.net.au...
>
> > Change at Central?
>
> I don't know if the ticket inspectors will be very friendly on that one.
> Some passengers change at Central instead of Redfern (because of the
> violence - rarely seen one) when they have to change lines. ie. Sydenham
> Strathfield (the closest is Redfern) and they are risking a fine for
> travelling over it but rarely seen the ticket inspectors anyway especially
> in peak hours on trains.

Tickets to the International terminal from the west are charged via Wolli
Creek (because it is shorter) but CityRail recommends changing at Central
(only one change), so this would be overtravelling.

Similarly Central Coast fares from town are charged via the North Shore
line, but in the pm many people go home via Strathfield.