Re: [QLD] Brisbane Airport Rail Link

When questioned in parliament on the issue, the State Minister for
Transport (Steve Bredhauer) said that the SE Transit busway had been
designed to light rail standards of alignment & clearance - ie designed
with eventual light rail conversion in mind.  The same applies to the
inner northern busway, although why they're spending a fortune on light
rail AND a busway to the Royal Brisbane Hospital is a mystery to me when
all they need to do is add a few stations on the exhibition loop.

Apparently the busway strategy was based on a Canadian model, but now
the Canadians have backed away from further busways and are building
light rail in Ottawa and other cities.

--Colin