Re: [NSW] Female guards are NOT hopeless!!!

Yes well hmmm.

I am opposed to the hiring of a "person" just because they are in a
minority group. I couldn't care less if they had three heads, as long as
they can do the job.

Whilst I agree that there are pathetic excuses for female guards out
there, the same could be said for some of the "male" (and yes I use the
" correctly) types impersonating the position of a train guard.

When I was a guard I often thought that drivers were being 2 bob snobs
when they were putting guards down, but since I have been a driver, I
have seen some pretty sad cases.

In a lot of cases it is not so much the guard's fault but the very
policy that has employed them in the first place. They for what ever
reason are not suited to the job at hand but because of their sex, race
or sexual orientation, etc., they get pushed through the system and are
a danger to themselves as well as the public.

I have had the honor to work with some good "female" hands, one of which
is Jane, who do an excellent job, better than most of the male guard
population. I will have no hesitation to have them as a guard any time.
More to the point I tell them if they do a good job, not for any
crawling/brownie points but because they have earn't it. The same as I
would a bloke. "Your a good hand mate."

It must be very frustrating, no it IS very frustrating, to be cast in to
a group of pathetic losers (as i was when I was a guard) when you know
yourself that you are doing yr 100% and earning your keep.

It might be advisable for drivers to take each guard as they come. You
might be pleasantly suprised. Another thing which drivers do is
"remember" things and never give a second chance.
There was only one person who was perfect and he didn't exactly have a
good Easter.

rgds.