Re: Ropes Creek Branch.

Greg Rudd <grudd@mail.usyd.edu.au> said:

>> You mean a railway museum isn't supposed to OPERATE its exhibits.
>> WOW! So many rail museums around the world have got it totally wrong
>> then... you'd better to write to all of them and point out the error
>> of their ways!!!!!
>
>Operating trains is the biggest cost to a museum.  I was just pointing
>this fact out. from both a balance sheet perspective and cost to the
>bottom line.

But, your website states that the money will be put towards getting your
branchline running. Which opinion here is official? Here we have the DSRM
website stating that the money goes into getting the line running, but here
we have you saying that running the line costs too much so you will
preserve the rollingstock instead.

If indeed, Dorrigo are supposedly putting the money towards getting the
branchline running, then why the hell has nothing been done and each day
they seem to be collecting more and more rollingstock?

I don't understand the logic...

Regards

Michael