Re: Ropes Creek Branch.

"chris@enet21.com.au" wrote:

> After many millions of dollars poured into that place by members in the past 30
> years with still no trains running, I would rather donate my money to the RTM. At
> least the place is open to the public and they run trains.
> I will support Dorrigo (and alot of other people will too) when the current
> management up there is pissed off. I won't support the antique motor car
> collection of a certain member.
>
> Rgds

Fact 1. The biggest financial black hole in the RTM is the running of trains.  Do the
sums for yourself.  RAC charges, insurance, crew charges, wear and tear, fuel,
maintenance costs and other sundry expenses. They all add up. If the RTM did not run
trains their financial position would be better than what it is.

Fact 2. If you don't like the management at Dorrigo become a member, prove your
credentials and run for presedent, or for the board. And then if elected, present
your case for change to the membership.  The next AGM is in November. As I said
before, what are you doing to remedy the situation instead of whinging and bitching?

Fact 3. The antique cars you talk about are designed to go onto the car caring wagon
as to provide an example of what the cars are used for.

see ya
-greg