Re: Ropes Creek Branch.

Greg Rudd <grudd@mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

> Fact 1. The biggest financial black hole in the RTM is the running of trains.  Do the
> sums for yourself.  RAC charges, insurance, crew charges, wear and tear, fuel,
> maintenance costs and other sundry expenses. They all add up. If the RTM did not run
> trains their financial position would be better than what it is.

You mean a railway museum isn't supposed to OPERATE its exhibits.
WOW! So many rail museums around the world have got it totally wrong
then... you'd better to write to all of them and point out the error
of their ways!!!!!

> Fact 3. The antique cars you talk about are designed to go onto the car caring wagon
> as to provide an example of what the cars are used for.

I've heard some far out justifications for peripheral activities
offered by various rail preservation groups over the years, but I
think that one absolutely takes the cake!

Bill