Re: [NSW] Automated "Stand clear, doors closing"

David Johnson wrote:

<snip>
> Every Brisbane train I have been on has been graffitied.  Usually done with a
> key scratching the glass in the window.
>
> Also, I don't think I have ever seen a Queensland carriage without a crack in at
> least window.

Window scratching is a problem in Brisbane and I have to admit I do get
a different view of Brisbane trains as I generally travel on Gold Coast
express trains. I suspect they put some extra effort into keeping the
IMU sets in as close to mint condition as possible.

Having said that, I still find Brisbane trains more comfortable, cleaner
and more presentable that their Sydney counterparts. I suspect there is
much more incentive for QR to keep their trains more presentable as car
commuting is relatively easy in Brisbane due to the lack (by Sydney
standards) of congestion and the fact that the CBD still has vacant lots
used for car parking which keeps parking prices down.

Barry Campbell