Re: [NSW] Automated "Stand clear, doors closing"

Barry Campbell wrote:

> Bill Bolton wrote in message ...
> >"Barry Campbell" <campblbm@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> It seems to me that southerners are different to us here in the north.
> >> "Doors closing, please stand clear" booms out in perfectly modulated
> English
> >> on all Brisbane suburban trains and they don't run late.
> >
> >And just how many passengers does CityTrain have to cope with each day
> >Barry?
>
> Fair comment - but good management would dictate that if you know you have a
> lot of passengers you plan for them.
>
> >> What's more they are clean
> >
> >Sometimes are, sometime aren't.  No better than CityRail in my
> >experience.
>
> Mostly Brisbane trains are clean. I travel on them every day and they are
> almost never graffitied inside and are  generally quite clean. I don't
> travel on Sydney trains much these days, but every time I have  done, they
> are filthy.

Every Brisbane train I have been on has been graffitied.  Usually done with a
key scratching the glass in the window.

Also, I don't think I have ever seen a Queensland carriage without a crack in at
least window.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au