Re: [NSW] Automated "Stand clear, doors closing"

Chris Downs wrote in message ...
>I caught The Chips from Emu Plains to Hazelbrook last night and again this
>train (an 8 car V set) had the automated "stand clear, doors closing"
>announcements.  The Chips was 9 minutes late (as was everything else on the
>down through Penrith) but lost a further 7 minutes on the 42 minute
section.

>The time was lost at 4 or 5 stations where the doors were closed subsequent
>to "the" announcement but ceased to move.  Someone travelling with the
>driver made his way through the train on two occasions cursing the train
>savagely at one point.  I assume that one door was failing to close that
>last few inches and the brakes are interlocked with the doors so they
didn't
>release.
>
>On departure from Hazelbrook it appeared that two other staff (presumably
>CityRail) were located in the vestibules monitoring door operation.
>
>Does anyone have any details on the full scope of this programme?

It seems to me that southerners are different to us here in the north.
"Doors closing, please stand clear" booms out in perfectly modulated English
on all Brisbane suburban trains and they don't run late. What's more they
are clean, ungraffitied and display the correct destination.

Perhaps we should have the Olympics in Brisbane ***** Not.

Barry Campbell