Re: [NSW] Track and catenary mast conditions on North Shore line

ajwright@spam.ozemail.com.au (Ashley Wright) writes:

>On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 08:49:49 +1000, Jonathan Lau
><jonlau@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>>As for the overhead gantries, I don't think they will be replacing these for a
>>while because of the lower traffic levels than the main north and west lines.
>>Besides aren't there other lines still using wooden poles for overhead wires?

>  Carlingford and Cronulla still use wooden poles in places (or did
>the last time I was there a few years ago)

The Cronulla line should have had the new gal poles connected to the
catenary by now... I can't remember how far it had gone before I started my
holidays.

The Glenlee coal washery branch also uses timber poles for overhead wiring
support. I've got photos I took of trains I worked in and out of there with
46's on the front surrounded by timber poles...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport