Re: [NSW] Track and catenary mast conditions on North Shore line

Jonathan Boles wrote:

> New masts are only located at bridges over Mona Vale Rd, Gore Hill Fwy, and at
> assorted crossovers and signal gantries. North of Artarmon there are no
> concrete sleepers.

There are concrete sleepers north of Artarmon on both up & Down lines to Chatswood
and slightly pass Chatswood. Concrete sleepers stop at the  southern end of the
Artarmon station, then they resume pass the Brand Streeet bridge. Not sure why
they have done that. AFAIK, the North Shore line has concrete sleepers most of the
way from the Harbour Bridge up to Artarmon/Chatswood, but it's taken 6 years just
to do this section!

As for the overhead gantries, I don't think they will be replacing these for a
while because of the lower traffic levels than the main north and west lines.
Besides aren't there other lines still using wooden poles for overhead wires?

Jon Lau