Re: [Vic] Fast (160km/h) Train to country Vic.

Its all very well to have the best of every thing Richard but like theme
parks it economic realism,you need to have the population to support the
very best that money and technology can supply.
#1 We do not have the population to support 200km speed trains in our
regional corridors,Who the hell is going to use them.
I believe in another time same country that they tried your ideas but on a
different level,ie branch lines all over the place that even before they
where built they new would not be economic,but they did not let that get in
the way of a few votes.Bendigo line built to completely over the top
standards for a colony,ditto Geelong Ballarat double line,and so on.
Then it was left to the railways to divide the cake between all the demands
on the budget,no wonder passenger train speeds on main lines stayed the same
for so many years,there just was not enough money to go around.
And don't worry about the rest of the world laughing at us,they barely know
we exist,thank fully.
Graeme
38D71CEC.B6E3E649@primus.com.au">news:38D71CEC.B6E3E649@primus.com.au...