Re: [Vic] Fast (160km/h) Train to country Vic.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,2294,457470%255E1243,00.html

> The feasibility study into fast trains (160km/h) to Balarat, Geelong,
Bendigo
> and Traralgon has shown that it is "commercially viable".
It was on radio this morning as well,the reporter said the project is
"highly feasible" :-). They should consider giving one free Melbourne
suburban journey to or from Spencer Street like what QR did with their
travel train, this would boost the patrons.

> The government will put in $80 million and the rest of the money to
come
> from the private sector. Lets hope that something now happens and we
get
> to see these trains (after all it is better then now even if is not
300km/h
> trains).
According to the radio,this project would create lots of jobs and travel
time would cut by upto 1 hour ??!! is this possible? I though they
wanted to reduced timing to Bendigo by half an hour(from 1h 45 minutes
down to 1 h and 15 minutes), Ballarat by 40 minutes (from 1 h 30
minutes to 50 minutes) and Geelong by 20-30 minutes (from a little more
then an hour to about 45 minutes) and Traralgon by 20-30 minutes(from
about two hours to 1h 30 minutes).

--
Cheers
James