Re: New Steamrail HEADBOARD [Vic.]

Roderick Smith wrote:

> While this is certainly an aesthetic improvement for charters of this
> type for the general public, it is still too intrusive for trips pitched
> at the railway-enthusiast market (and Steamrail has virtually taken over
> this market from railway-enthusiast organisations).
> As I watched a late-afternoon up shuttle, the loco had vanished into the
> gloom, but the headboard was still visible (like the grin on the
> Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland).

For railfan trips I think they should remove the headboard at the first
photostop and put it back on after the last one. This would give Steamrail
advertising in Melbourne while still giving railfans a chance to see the
locos without the headboard. It wouldn't hurt Steamrail to make a small
compromise like this.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: