Re: [Vic] Fast (160km/h) Train to country Vic.

Dont get me wrong..I understand were probably heading down the road of getting
"OLD" technology...real old...gee whiz... we catch up to 160kph...sorry if I
dont get terribly excited. :-((

Why do we HAVE to have this old crap...I mean has it been built yet..I dont
think so...ADTRANZ have just released a NEW generation regional set that
employs all the goodies of TILT ..latest processor control etc..and it doesnt
hurt if it looks the part of being suitable for the 21st Century...Tilt allows
the raising of the bar..it can go faster on any track.....that is..it they
upgrade the track to run 160...tilt can probably nudge 200+ in sections

Every other country seems to realise that you might have to do some serious
track realignments or indeed "New" track...what do we Aussies have to put up
with...second rate bandaid jobs on our rail infrastructure.

XPT..Explorer..quite frankly its OLD....is there no VISION in this
country.(but eve nthe HST on which te XPT was based allowed for
200kph...granted..on sufficiently suitable track)

But I suppose we work to our budgets of nothing-halfpenny!! Yes 160 is better
than 100-120.

I sort of got the inmpression that all this hoo ha represented efforts above
and beyond any committment by NX to country pass-Rail ((Id appreciate
clarification here!!) ...I thought that Bracks was upping the ante in this
regard..that these sevices are and improvement over that which NX is currently
obliged to offer...must have got it wrong :-(((

I love trains and would be blissfully excited to see some real upgrade of the
steel infrastructure......but 160kph is little league stuff...this would be
laughed at by European operators...so this is not Europe yousay..we have
differnt criteria etc etc etc .  Given the renaissance undrway in the UK and
other parts of Europe I say we might well learn by what they are employing as
"benchmarks".  So are we trying to emulate "third world Standards " of
transport ( a tad exagerated I acknowledge) or do we really want to get
serious about running trains...instead of playing with them.