Re: [Sydney, Cityrail] Friday 17 March Chaos

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:46:13 +1030, Jackson Harding
<jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au> wrote:

>Brown Family wrote:

>> That hasn't been the case in Australia for a long time, at least since
>> Federation. Two Jews have been GG long before Sir William Deane.
>
>More than two.  Isaac Isaacs, Zelman Cohen and Ninian Stephens.

Spot the odd one out?

Sir Ninnian Stephens in not Jewish although I do recall somewhere that
he has a Jewish ancestor lurking around his family tree somewhere. If
Jewish ancestors count, a tenth of Australia is Jewish. (It's not,
it's actually 0.4%)

Les Brown
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to loose.