Re: [Vic] Fast (160km/h) Train to country Vic.

For the record, I cant help myself, I have to correct the claims made in all the
Press releases about the magnitude of the speeding up.

The claims made are that the journey times from Melbourne to Provincial cities
will be speeded up as follows:

Geelong from  1hr 5m to 45m
Ballarat from 1hr 30m to 1hr 0m
Bendigo from 1hr 50m to 1hr 20m
Traralgon from unstated to 'under 2hr'.

Well, according to the current V/line timetables, it is already possible to
travel from Melbourne to these cities as follows:

Geelong  51m  (Train 8217  Mon-Fri)
Ballarat 1hr 25m  (Train 8129  Mon-Fri)
Bendigo  1hr 45m  (Train 8019  Mon-Fri)
Traralgon  2hr 0m (Train 8415  Mon-Fri)  1hr 55m from Flinders Street.

I know that these are the fastest trains currently available and others are
slower, but I'll bet my socks that the times being quoted above are for the
fastest after the upgrading too and that not all trains will achieve those
times.

I hate spin doctors.