Re: [Sydney, Cityrail] Friday 17 March Chaos

My train was delayed for 4 minutes.. I Tangara [T20 i believe] came through
at low speed @ hurstville. The SPI said that the Waterfall was the Cronulla
train possibly because of automation... It was full of kids.. all of them
going to/from the same place. Why I ask is why does CityRail have to
transport them. Most other venues @ Olympic Park are served by
public/private buses.

"Peter R K" <peterrk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
8al796$f5g$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au">news:8al796$f5g$1@bugstomper.ihug.com.au...
| This Friday, 17 March, in excess of 80,000 Catholic school students will
be
| descending on Olympic Park. Many of them will be travelling by train. My
| information is that up to 40 regular services will be cancelled on the day
| to allow for special trains to run from various parts of Sydney. Trains
will
| be leaving from outlying areas (Cronulla, Sutherland, Liverpool) about
| 8:00am to arrive at Olympic Park no later than 10:00am and return journeys
| will commence from about 1:00pm.
|
| Two specific examples: a train to leave Fairfield to go express to Olympic
| Park; a train to leave Riverwood at 8:38, stopping Kingsgrove, Bexley
North