Re: [Sydney, Cityrail] Friday 17 March Chaos

Mitch <this.is.not.my@email.address.com> wrote in message
DxjA4.49287$3b6.206733@ozemail.com.au">news:DxjA4.49287$3b6.206733@ozemail.com.au...
> My train was delayed for 4 minutes.. I Tangara [T20 i believe] came
through
> at low speed @ hurstville. The SPI said that the Waterfall was the
Cronulla
> train possibly because of automation... It was full of kids.. all of them
> going to/from the same place. Why I ask is why does CityRail have to
> transport them. Most other venues @ Olympic Park are served by
> public/private buses.

**This is my log of chaos in the afternoon as at 18:00...as I stand on
platform 22...
1. The Explorer from Canberra to Sydney is running 2 hours late...(as I
walked pass Syd Terminal).
2. The suburban Tangara to Penrith was stationary at Central platform 18 for
5-7 minutes.
3. Waited for the East Hills/Campbelltown/Macarthur for 30 mins as the
announcements said "all trains are running late & out of timetable, please
check the indicator boards":-
    a) The Bankstown - Liverpool trains ran 3 times in a row (no East
Hills/Campbelltown/Macarthur trains in between)....
    b) All two 8 car Tangara trains (as I waited) terminated at Platform
23...
    c) The Campbelltown via East Hills (Goulburn connection) 6 car R-set was
then jammed packed with passengers as it arrived 15 minutes late!!! As the
announcements assured that the Endeavour was waiting for them at
Campbelltown...
    d) Finally I caught the all stations train to East Hills which was the 8
car S-set - not many standing passengers...

Hope it helps...especially if you are in the same situation as me at
18:00!!!

Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au
FordGhia's Railway & Transport Page