Re: [NSW] A few things I saw today (Thursday)

Anita Lukaszyk wrote:

> > > At Epping station at about 5pm, a two car V set pulled in to platform
> > > two. The dva said the train was going to Beecroft, Pennant Hills,
> > > Hornsby, then I think it was all stations to Woy Woy, or perhaps Wyong.
> > > It was strange enough to see a two car set, but stopping at Pennant
> > > Hills and Beecroft?? What's going on?
> >

> > 2 car set from Parramatta once daily service. Goes to parramatta in the
> > morning and back in the arvo.
>
> That would be the 'River'.  It is a St Mary's-Wyong service...

Why is it called the river?
What is the point to running this service, seeing as it is only two
cars, it only runs once a day in each direction, and it was mostly empty
when I saw it the other day. Of the small amount of people on it when it
left Epping, most had joined at Epping.