Re: [NSW] A few things I saw today (Thursday)

Ben wrote in message <38CA2B4D.EE7EB4BC@yahoo.com>...

>> That would be the 'River'.  It is a St Mary's-Wyong service...
>
>Why is it called the river?

Hawkesbury "River" to Parramatta "River".

>What is the point to running this service, seeing as it is only two
>cars, it only runs once a day in each direction, and it was mostly empty
>when I saw it the other day. Of the small amount of people on it when it
>left Epping, most had joined at Epping.

It provides a bit of a service for those from the Mental Coast to Parramatta
and west thereof, but it also provides a direct service from
Epping/Eastwood/Meadowbank to Parramatta/Blacktown, the only direct service
they have.

Dave