[NSW] A few things I saw today (Thursday)

At Epping station at about 5pm, a two car V set pulled in to platform
two. The dva said the train was going to Beecroft, Pennant Hills,
Hornsby, then I think it was all stations to Woy Woy, or perhaps Wyong.
It was strange enough to see a two car set, but stopping at Pennant
Hills and Beecroft?? What's going on?
When I got off the train at Croydon, a diesel loco went past on the up
main. It was pulling two passenger carriages, the rear of which had a
clear door with a big floor to roof window either side of it. Some sort
of viewing area at the rear of the train. It passed by pretty quickly,
so I didn't get much of a look at it. The carriages were similar to
those on the Indian Pacific, but shorter. What was I looking at?
And lastly, something off topic, but there have been a few threads about
it. At macquarie uni I saw an STA bus doing route 550, Parramatta and
Eastwood via Macquarie Centre. This would be a former North and Western
buses route wouldn't it?

Ben Munro