Re: Double 47's at Penrith [NSW]

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> Anita Lukaszyk <neety@ozemail.com.au> said:
>
> >Hi all!
> >
> >Just after getting off the train (8.02 V set from Central) at Penrith
> >the other nite (Tuesday). I saw two 47 class loco's. I didn't get the
> >number of the first one, but 4701 was the second one. They didn't have
> >any carriages or wagons attached to them. I wish I had my camera with me
> >then!
>
> Hi Anita,
>
> 4701 + 4716 most likely. In use by LVRF. AFAIK, it's unusual for them to be
> at Penrith, though I could be wrong.
>
> Regards
>
> Michael (the Mexican)
>
> --
> Michael Kurkowski
> Ph: 0416-044-124
> Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk
>
> NT Train Management:
> BRAKES.EXE - This program has performed an illegal
> operation and will be shut down.

Ok what caused this was the failure of G543 with apparent sanding problems on
the log train that morning from Port Kembla (to Wallerewang). I ma not sure
where G543 came off, but it left Port Kembla as EL51 & G543, but it was
subsequently sighted with a single EL heading up the mountains that morning.
The two 47s were sent west to help the EL back to Port Kembla over Tuesday
night.

I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis