Re: Entertainment Car on Overland, Ghan and I.P

In article <38C8C959.ED7142D0@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I travelled by IP in December, I took 1st class sleeper. While
having
> > nothing to do I asked the train manager if is possible for me to
have a
> > tour around the train. He reply "you can go as far as Matilda
> > Resturant, try not to go beyound there because people in coach class
> > aren't very nice people, either drunks, low lifes. They always
jealous
> > people in 1st class" :-)
>
> "you can go as far as Matilda
> Resturant, try not to go beyond there because people in coach class
> are our customers too, who help pay our wages"

I was shock he said that. Back in AN days the "classification" system
weren't that obvious. People in coach class/holiday class can wonder
around 1st class lounge and people in 1st class can go to buffet car to
buy snack, usually buffet car attached benhind coach class, which means
you have to walk through coach to get there, I never met any low life
drunk!

People have the right to choice which class to travel. Those who choice
in holiday/coach class doesn't means they are poor, some prefer to
spent more money at the destination rather then getting there and some
simply trying out coach/holiday class.

--
Cheers
James