Re: Entertainment Car on Overland, Ghan and I.P

"Dave Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au>
wrote:

> LOL - when I went across in 12/98, I managed to get back into steerage when
> I was travelling Holiday Class. I was told to take my ticket with me, or
> else I would not be able to get back past the buffet.
>
> Nice thing for the train manager to be saying though, although it does sound
> like the train manager from hell on the Adelaide to Sydney section of my
> trip.
>
> I complained about people opposite me who lowered their table then proceeded
> to put their feet on it - shoes and all. His reaction? "What am I supposed
> to do about it?" When I mentioned that people would have to eat off it on
> the return trip, he shrugged his shoulders and said it wasn't his problem.

Well, the employees of the old Commonwealth operator of
the Ghan and IP referred to situp as, ...cattle wagons.

I considered their observations a bit harsh, cattle
were better behaved and less messy. :)

----Terry Burton
<< Remove net after @ for email reply. >>