Re: Entertainment Car on Overland, Ghan and I.P

james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote in message <8aace8$1i2$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In article <8aa8b8$eav$1@news1.mpx.com.au>,
>  "Dave Proctor" <thadocta@spambait.dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
>> james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote in message
><8aa6ec$snn$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>>
>> >They were also fitted with some video games and serving light
>> >refreshment/drinks to ALL class!! IIRC this is the only carriage
>where
>> >passenger from all class can enjoy. These days people in coach class
>> >can only move around within coach class(and somking lounge). They
>can't
>> >go beyound Matilda Resturant.
>>
>> They cannot even get in there - Matilda's is the sit-down dining
>area - the
>> GSR site is quite pointed on this, saying that Coach Class have
>access to
>> the "buffet".
>>
>> Dave
>I travelled by IP in December, I took 1st class sleeper. While having
>nothing to do I asked the train manager if is possible for me to have a
>tour around the train. He reply "you can go as far as Matilda
>Resturant, try not to go beyound there because people in coach class
>aren't very nice people, either drunks, low lifes. They always jealous
>people in 1st class" :-)

LOL - when I went across in 12/98, I managed to get back into steerage when
I was travelling Holiday Class. I was told to take my ticket with me, or
else I would not be able to get back past the buffet.

Nice thing for the train manager to be saying though, although it does sound
like the train manager from hell on the Adelaide to Sydney section of my
trip.

I complained about people opposite me who lowered their table then proceeded
to put their feet on it - shoes and all. His reaction? "What am I supposed
to do about it?" When I mentioned that people would have to eat off it on
the return trip, he shrugged his shoulders and said it wasn't his problem.

Dave