Re: [NSW] R/S set driving trailers and converted dts, D40xx/T40xx

> My recollection is that the "sets" comprised two driving control trailer cars, one
> of which was fitted with a small generator (or something similar) to provide power
> for door operation.   I do not recollect any target plates on the cars.

I have only seen the one photo of them with the PK target. It was taken at Austinmer
and is in Railway Digest.

> Incidentally, although made up as a two car unit, occasionally they did operate as
> two x two cars, i.e., as a four car block.

They were made into two car sets. There were three rosters 2 rosters consisted of two
pairs and the third roster was a two car set. The two car originally run Mondays to
Fridays morning and afternoon peaks, but got cut back to the a.m. roster only. The
four car sets ran on all days to varying degrees, either stabling at Scarborough or
Thirroul.

--
Glenn Jackson-Bethell