Re: [NSW] R/S set driving trailers and converted dts, D40xx/T40xx

Glenn J-B wrote:

> > >48 class plus T set (two car suburban double decker)
> >
> > I thought a T set was a driving motor and a driving trailer.

My recollection is that the "sets" comprised two driving control trailer cars, one
of which was fitted with a small generator (or something similar) to provide power
for door operation.   I do not recollect any target plates on the cars.
Incidentally, although made up as a two car unit, occasionally they did operate as
two x two cars, i.e., as a four car block.   Generally they were worked by 48
class, but on a few occasions, main line units were used.   Somewhere, I have a
video clip (at least), of a 421 class at Coal Cliff with a set.

Hunslet.