The future of broad gauge was Ouyen - Pinnaroo line

Brian Evans (IOM) wrote:  and I cut :

> Guys,
>
> The only way to fix this problem in relation to SG vs BG in Victoria is to
> adopt the plan and business case for the complete conversion of all tracks
> in Vic to SG.  A cost model has been developed and from memory I believe it
> was set about about AUD $250m to convert the entire state. From memory John
> Holland quoted on the entire project.
>
> If this was done, the benefits of having SG through the entire state would
> pay for the $250m-$300m investment very quickly from an infrastructure
> viewpoint, however, it would remove (somewhat) F/A's grip on Vic as other
> operators would surely move into this market.  Someone needs to bite the
> bullet amd MAKE IT HAPPEN!
>
> Regards,
> Brian

If  BG is converted to SG, what is the future of the preserved BG fleet ? Where
will they run ??? - any line of length  would not be left  BG, will they ???
Would WCR go SG ?? ( they could with their "S" "B" "T" even "R" classes.

The end of the Steamrail tours in sight ???

What will happend to the "Y" "D3" etc that cannot be converted to SG ?
Relagated like the SA locos to some small branchline where the locos cannot
perform ????

What  us the future, that we know ?

David