Ouyen - Pinnaroo line

In another piece of information, I have been told that ASR has asked for access
to the section of track between Panitya (the end of Victorian BG operations at
the moment) and Ouyen (the junction with the Mildura line).  As we all know, the
section from Tailem Bend to Ouyen was recently converted to SG to integrate wit
the rest of the trackage in eastern SA, and this would seem to be the precursor
to a proposal to convert the trackage through to Ouyen to SG.  Certainly, there
has been some talk that the Mildura corridor (right back to Gheringhap), and the
sub-corridors north of Dunolly to both Robinvale and Kulwin, would be amongst
the first candidates for conversion to SG once the next phase of the process was
commenced.
At this stage, there has been no further information on what ASR's intent might
be, though it would certainly provide (one would think) a cheaper and shorter
alternative to getting far north-western grain to port.

Any further information or comments ??

--

Regards

David Donald